Saturday, June 5, 2010

Blessed with Strength

Today I've just been browsing CF sites and just relaxing, eating, and doing treatments. Strength has been on my mind.

Being strong is what I believe is an understatement, for those who have Cystic Fibrosis. Every person I know, read about and hear about; they have more strength than anyone I know. Strength: 1. the power or state of being strong; vigor 2. mental power, force, or vigor 3. moral power, firmness or courage. Our bodies are weak. Our bodies are not strong, but we have strength to push through it all. It seems to me that those with CF have more hope. It seems that God blessed us. Giving those who he knew would have the strength to handle this disease; to turn this breath taking disease and see it as a blessing. Someone once posted a question on a CF blog site asking "if you could go back and choose to have CF or not would you?" This is a question that is easier than you might think; and you might get a different answer than you would expect. I would not want to change a thing. True, life would be so much easier, simple, less stressful. If I didn't have CF though, I wouldn't be who I am today. It has helped shaped ME, but it is not all of me. I have been faced with challenges and I have overcome them. I know that there are more battles ahead and it makes me want to continue to be hopeful, have faith, be strong, have courage; know that God does not give us more than we can handle.

Many people pass away from Cystic Fibrosis at a young age. An age that seems unfair. In a way it is, but not entirely. Because I know what could happen, I take a different aspect on life. I know I appreciate every family member, friend, laughter, happy moment, sunny day, and breath so much more than anyone else. I love my life exactly the way it is and wouldn't change a thing because I know I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment