Sunday, June 13, 2010

Working Out :)

I'm starting my personal work out today! Exercising is so important for those with Cystic Fibrosis. Cardio workouts are key and keep our lungs in shape and healthy. When I was in high school I was always active everyday with cheerleading and dancing; participating in more than two hours per day. After high school I stopped doing a lot, and I think that has contributed to part of the drop in my lung function in the past couple years. So, to fix this, I plan on signing up for summer dance classes this week, and I can't wait. I have to get some exercise in to get my lung functions up; even if it's one percent at a time. My next doctor's appointment is in a little more than two weeks. I have two weeks to gain some weight and improve my health for this first "check point." Tonight I went on a bike ride for about ten minutes; but I'm going to have to drive my car around to see how far I went. I also did some stretches and a little living room dancing so I can start getting in shape for dance too. I can't wait to build some muscle; and actually have some to flex!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Dancing has always been a favorite form of exercise for me :) Working out, and staying active is a VERY important factor in living a longer, better quality life. . .for CF and NON-CF people :) Good Luck and have fun pumping up those muscles!

    ReplyDelete