Saturday, June 12, 2010

Oh, How I WIsh...

I wish i could reassure you. It would be nice to know myself, what I'm going to feel like the next day. Not knowing is the worst part of it all. When someone says "Oh, you will get better," I automatically respond with something positive like "Oh I know, I will." Deep down inside when I am told something to that extent, it kills me to say a lie; because if I couldn't tell a lie I'd probably reply with "I HOPE so, I hope I will be able to get back to where I was before." I wish the consistency in my life wasn't a cough, a hack, or deep breath every once in a while. It kills me that I'm not able to reassure you, honestly, and tell you everything will be okay.

2 comments:

  1. I think we just chose to believe it, which sometimes isn't a bad thing... but when we are facing ourselves, lying to ourselves gets us nowhere. It's hard to even win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put. CF doesn't just effect our physical health. . .but we constantly struggle within ourselves. Hope and Faith can carry us a long ways! Hoping is a great place to start a goal. Some of the worse lies I have told myself was I was not strong enough to achieve my goals. . .but I proved I was. Good Luck. I do love what this post helps us all understand about you. ~

    ReplyDelete