Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Loving life and its challenges with Cystic Fibrosis.

So this is my first blog and a little about me. I'll probably be rambling on, so bear with me :) Right now i am doing my nebulizer and vest. Life right now is a tiny bit up in the air and since i have so much on my mind blogging seems like a great way to relieve some stress. My number one priority is staying healthy. Cystic Fibrosis, for those of you who dont know what it is, is a lung disease. It causes mucus in the lungs, pancreas, and liver, to thicken. Cystic Fibrosis mainly effects my lungs, causing infections and decreasing my lung function. Yes, it sounds intimidating, and at times it is; knowing that it will cut my life short. I see it more as a blessing though. Living with this, I see life through different eyes. I cherish it more, want to live everyday, always want to have fun, laugh as much as I can, and always love unconditionally.
Right now, health wise I'm doing okay. The pft's are at 56%, and my weight is slowly rising (currently 105). But having the stress of school, work, and trying to make plans for my future has caused my lungs to feel a little blahhh right now. I want to be able to breathe more. I need to find motivation for exercising more and doing cardio to get my lung function back up to the 60's. Hopefully this blog thingy will help me track it all.
Anyways, life is good; just stressed.

~B

1 comment: